The lawyer Alexander Rashev is an activist of the party There Is Such a People (ITN), a lawmaker in the 46th National Assembly (Parliament) and the son of lawyer Viktor Rashev, who represents Hristoforos Nikos “Taki” Amanatidis with an express power of attorney for the entries of his company’s lot in the Company Register. Rashev, through his law firm owns 10% of the shares in the company Auto Union AD, the other 90% are owned by Krasimir Kamenov – “Karo”, the right hand of “Taki”.
Since 2019, Amantidis has been registered as the manager of the company Eurofinance Factor, of which he has been the owner of since 2008. The documents for the change, as well as the subsequent entries on the company’s account, were submitted by lawyer Rashev. The company had over BGN 2 million in net sales revenue in 2007, but after that its activity subsided and there was a decline to BGN 40-80 thousand per year, to jump sharply to BGN 0.5 million in 2019, when Amanatidis took over as manager from Adrian Georgiev.
After the state regained control over the “golden laboratory” at the Captain Andreevo border checkpoint, rumors began circulating that Amanatidis is the real owner of the lucrative border business. At a hearing in the Parliamentary Commission for Combating Corruption, the lawmakers from ITN and the opposition Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria (GERB) party intervened actively in favor of the company that owns the laboratory, after lawmaker Konstantin Bachiyski mentioned its connection with Amanatidis and Razmig “Ami” Chakaryan.
After the scandalous hearing, an investigation by BIRD documented such a connection, which is also found in other businesses with a monopoly position on the border such as the so-called “golden puddle” and “golden parking lot”. There is also a connection with a person who is a partner with a municipal councilor of GERB in Sofia.
“There’s a connection there”
The “golden laboratory” has also been implicated as the real reason for the withdrawal of the lawmakers from ITN from the governing coalition.
When asked in an interview what is the connection between ITN and this laboratory, the co-chairman of the coalition Democratic Bulgaria party, General Atanas Atanasov answered “there is a connection there” without providing further detail. It is not clear if the relationship Atanasov is talking about is the same.
In itself, the exposed relationship through the lawyer is not presumptuous of anything illegal, since Amanatidis is neither charged nor convicted, and everyone has the right to hire a lawyer for entries in the Company Register.
Open the visual map in full screen here.
“Rashev and Partners” is a well-known Sofia law firm. Among the partners there is Denitsa Terziyska, who is the wife of the chairman of the Sofia Municipal Council Georgi Georgiev from GERB. Rashev, through his law firm owns 10% of the shares in the company Auto Union AD, the other 90% are owned by Krasimir Kamenov – “Karo”, the right hand of “Taki”.
Former lawmaker Alexander Rashev has not completely parted with his parliamentary activities. He is currently a justice adviser of ITN lawmaker Iva Miteva.
За да научавате преди всички за нови разследвания, инсталирайте си нашето мобилно приложение:
Щом сте стигнали дотук, вероятно вече си задавате въпроса как се финансира този журналистически проект.
Отговорът е: Финансира се от журналистическо чекмедже, в което читателите оставят по нещо, ако им е харесало съдържанието.
Чекирайте се и Вие!
При възможност, станете наш редовен спомоществовател с опцията Чекирай Редовно. Това ни помага да предвиждаме бъдещи разходи и да планираме дейността си за месеци напред.
БРРД Eднократно 2023 / BIRD One time 2023
БРРД Ежемесечно / BIRD Monthly
Успех в работата
Haresvam vi !
This post is also available in: Български (Bulgarian)
You must be logged in to post a comment.