The Bureau for Investigative Reporting and Data is an independent project applying the methods of the data journalism to uncover conflicts of interests, corruption and abuse of power.
BIRD is publishing investigative stories and maintains public search engine with data on PEPs, companies, public procurements, European funds expenditures, as well as other public information.
The web site is published by the French NGO named DRJI – Data for Reporters, Journalists and Investigations number W751252632
BIRD is financed by readers donations and projects.
BIRD is member center of OCCRP
BIRD is partner of ICIJ
The web site does not contain or process personal data within the meaning of the GDPR, other than those available in the official public registers.
Atanas Tchobanov – investigative reporter and editor, ICIJ member
Dimitar Stoyanov – investigative reporter
Gesho Ivanov – judicial reporter
Consultant: Krassimir Gadjokov – information technology
Former member: Nikolay Kubarelov – developer of the search engines and data analyst
- 2021: Pulitzer Prize finalists as part of the ICIJ team for the investigation FinCen Files
- 2020: Sigma Award for data journalism for the team investigating “The Troika Laundromat” (Atanas Tchobanov)
- 2019: George Weidenfeld Special Award for Courageous Investigative Journalism (Dimitar Stoyanov)
- 2019: Global Shining Light Award Certificate of Excellency in Journalism for the investigation “The Azerbaijani Laundromat” (Atanas Tchobanov )
- 2018: Free Electron Prize by Blue Link Foundation for Atanas Tchobanov
- 2018: “Journalist of the year” Bulgarian Prize for Dimitar Stoyanov
- 2017: Global Shining Light Award Certificate of Excellency in Journalism for the investigation “Making a Killing” (Atanas Tchobanov)
- 2015 and 2016: Serbian National Award for Investigative Reporting (Atanas Tchobanov)
contact [at] bird [dot] bg
This post is also available in: Български (Bulgarian)